APA 2017 Policy and Advocacy Conference
Monday, January 1, 2018, 9 a.m.
Thursday, January 4, 2018, 5 p.m. EST
Washington, DC, United States
Join APA in Washington, D.C., on September 24–26 for the annual Policy and Advocacy Conference. This year's program will feature:
- Sessions on federal, state, and local concerns
- Advocacy training
- Deep dive on issues likely to impact planners over the next decade at our annual Daniel Burnham Forum on Big Ideas
- New thoughts on policy topics every planner should understand
All of the tips, training, and resources attendees receive onsite will prepare them for the final day of the conference when planners head to Capitol Hill to meet with their federally elected officials and communicate planning priorities top of mind in their states and district.
|APA Member and Nonmember||$195|
|APA Leadership (Chapter Presidents, Chapter Legislative Liaisons, Division Chairs and SRC), Legislative and Policy Committee, Legislative Liaison, Students, and Planners' Advocacy Network||$95|
Be a part of APA's network of engaged planning advocates shaping policy positions and advancing the federal policy agenda for planning through APA. Membership in the Planners' Advocacy Network is free to APA members.
Join the Planners' Advocacy Network now and enjoy access to the reduced conference rate and exclusive Planners' Advocacy Network pre-conference training. Join the Network by visiting the Advocacy & Interests section of My APA and checking the box "Yes, Include me in the Planners' Advocacy Network."
To ensure your discount, log out of the APA website after you join the Network and log in again to register for the Policy and Advocacy Conference.
Conference registration includes
- Planners' Day on Capitol Hill
- Plenaries, including the Daniel Burnham Forum on Big Ideas, sessions and pre-conference training opportunities all day Sunday.
- Breakfast and lunch on Monday and Tuesday
- Two evening receptions
- Select conference recordings
Changes and Cancellations
All registration changes and cancellations must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14, 2017, to be eligible for a refund. There will be a $50 processing fee for cancellations.
For registration questions e-mail email@example.com or call 312-334-1250.