Students and New Planners
Explore Resources for Launching or Advancing your Planning Career
There are many ways for students, recent graduates, and those starting our in their planning careers to connect with peers and pros:
- Mentor Match. Get or share advice about career and professional developing during APA’s national or chapter conferences. You’ll be matched based on areas of interest and geography. See mentor and mentee guidelines and application information.
- Young Planners Groups. These chapter-based groups are a gateway to expanding your network and finding a professional mentor. Enjoy fun opportunities to meet colleagues, build skills, and volunteer.
- Scholarships & Fellowships. Each year, eligible students receive scholarships, grants, and fellowships. Chapters, divisions, and the AICP, as well as outside organizations recognize talented students and help them reach their educational goals.
- Planning Student Organizations. APA-registered Planning Student Organizations strengthen students’ connection to their local chapter and foster relationships among planning students on campus. More than 40 universities throughout the country participate.
- National Planning Conference is the place to be for outstanding professional education and networking opportunities.