New Orleans. A timeless city with a unique way of life, New Orleans is steeped in European traditions and Afro-Caribbean influences.
The picturesque Big Easy is a planning haven. Historic preservation, diverse infrastructure projects, integrated waterways that gave the city its Crescent City nickname, and more display innovative planning practices all over the metropolis.
April 21-24, 2018
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
New Orleans, Louisiana
First thing, download the APA NPC18 mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. It's packed with information about the conference and New Orleans, plus it shows the full conference program, your personal conference schedule, a list of conference attendees, and more. You'll quickly come to depend on its easy convenience.
What you can do with the app:
- Log in to My APA
- Browse the entire NPC18 program
- Add don't-miss activities to "My Schedule" and see at a glance what you want to do next
- Link to the New Orleans City Guide, prepared by planners for planners
- If you're an AICP member, find CM-eligible activities and log CM credits
- Evaluate sessions with ease. Open the session description. Choose "Log CM/Evaluate." Complete the evaluation. Done!
User tip: Add sessions to "My Schedule" to make evaluations faster and easier
- Search the list of NPC18 attendees and see their contact info (if provided)
User tip: You can email a colleague directly from the list!
Browse the NPC18 program any time on our website or in the app. As a part of our ongoing green initiative APA will not offer a printed program on site, but we know that many members like to have a printed schedule at hand. If you want, it's easy to download and print a PDF of the NPC18 program and take it with you to New Orleans.
NPC18 is at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
APA has arranged discounts on lodging at ten hotels near the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center — some are just a short walk away.
Wondering what to take with you? We've got you covered.
- The conference packet from APA. It will include your badge and event tickets. The packet will be mailed to the address you provided at registration. If you need assistance updating the address provided, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be aware that we do not mail packets for those outside the United States and Canada. International packets will be available for pickup on site.
- Business cards. You'll meet lots of people — help them remember you!
- Resumes. Your next career move could be waiting for you at NPC18. Take resumes even if you don't think you're job hunting.
- Phone, laptop, tablet. Free Wi-Fi will be available. Use your mobile device(s) to use the app, stay connected, take notes, tweet about #NPC18, and more. Remember your chargers, too! User tip: APA will provide a free charging station at the APA Pavilion.
- Business-casual attire. And comfortable shoes — you'll do a lot of walking. Also, if you're going on mobile workshops, read the event descriptions and consider the mode of travel.